Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 7 - UVs and simple texturing

This week I touched up on the car model a bit, fixing the issues I had with it instead of just making it all over again which would have been easier. But, in an effort to learn the tools better, I figured fixing it would be the best approach.




One thing I really got to practice was removing faces and sewing together vertexes so the area looked right again. But after this was done, I went on to do the extra parts to make my car something different. I went for one of the police car references and therefore made a bumper thing for the front and the lights for the top.






 the UVing which didn't make too much sense to me with the tutorials provided. I didn't understand what was being explained in terms of why we were stitching the UVs together and why resizing them to the UV mapping texture as it didn't seem like that overall mattered for when doing the simple color texture. Regardless I tried to do some of it, and it did end up looking alright once textured.





Though, I'm sure I have a lot to learn in terms of UVs and how they work so hopefully that will be explained during next class session.


No comments:

Post a Comment